Furoshiki Gift Wrapping Workshop - 13 Nov & 18 Dec 2021
Join Kyoko Kimura Morgan at WAZA Japan Labo on one of two dates: 13 November 2021, or 18 December 2021, for a Furoshiki Gift Wrapping Workshop. Kyoko is the founder of Origami for Africa and a stong proponent of the Japanese concept of "mottainai" (勿体無い) - a feeling of regret when something of use is wasted.
She will give a brief introduction to some concepts and ideas related to gift wrapping and demonstrate a few wrapping techniques, as well as other practical uses of cloth and paper. Each person will be able to practice on different shapes and sizes of potential gift packages.
What is provided:
- One complimentary furoshiki cloth for gift wrapping, to take home;
- Notes on furoshiki and wrapping ideas;
- Props, including box and bottle shapes, to practice fabric wrapping;
- Paper, for adding some finishing touches to special gifts
- Complimentary green tea and cookies by WAZA.
What each participant should bring:
- No prescribed items required.
- If you wish, feel free to bring a gift or a shape which you want to wrap and practice on.
WAZA is open for shopping and workshop participants receive discount on the day.
Q: Is it necessary to buy a ticket?
A: Yes, all tickets need to be ordered and paid for upfront, since this is a very popular workshop.
- Masks are compulsory.
- A maximum of 20 people will be allowed in the shop at a time (workshop participants and hosts).
- Right of Admission Reserved.