Kenzan (Spiky Frog) - Black Rectangle
Authentic kenzan (also known as spiky frogs) for use in ikebana, or other styles of flower arrangements. Made in Japan to the highest quality standards and available in different styles and shapes. The rectangular shaped kenzan offers a large area for placing plant material. It has a heavy base and can be immersed in water within a vessel for the placement of flowers.
Rectangle sizes available in brass:
- B201: 53mm (L) x 35mm (W) x 17mm (H) - 122 spikes / 135g
- Size B202: 68mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 21mm (H) - 200 spikes / 300g
- Size B203: 83mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 21mm (H) - 276 spikes / 385g
- Size B204: 96mm (L) x 70mm (W) x 21mm (H) - 404 spikes / 560g
- Size B206: 90mm (L) x 65mm (W) x 24mm (H) - 380 spikes / 850g (heavy base)
All sizes except 201 come with a removable rubber ring at the base.
The rectangle style kenzan are also available in Stainless Steel and Brass.
Larger sizes are available to order on request.
Ishizaki Kenzan Seisakusho Co., Ltd. is a company founded in 1964 in the famous steel making city of Sanjo, Niigata Prefecture. The company specialises in making kenzan and bonsai accessories in many different styles, shapes, sizes and using various materials. As such, it supports not only ikebana in Japan, but across the world.
Watch a short reel of WAZA's visit to Ishizaki Kenzan in 2023 HERE.
WAZA is proud to be a South African stockist of this Made in Japan quality product.