WANOWA Hand Cream
Hand cream in three authentic Japanese scents: hinoki (Japanese cypress), yuzu (citrus) and cha (green tea). Each 30g tube is packaged in a cardboard box with a unique flyer included. An additional 2% of product sales are paid back to producers to ensure sustainable cultivation of the agricultural products.
WANOWA hand creams are:
- Paraben free
- Synthetic perfume free
- Made from 98% naturally derived ingredients
- Artificial colouring free
- Phenoxyethanol free
The three scents are each unique in their origin and provenance:
- Organic yuzu are harvested once a year in Nomi, Ishikawa Prefecture. Oil is extracted from the yuzu rinds to flavour the hand cream.
- Kashimo hinoki (cypress) trees are grown in Nakatsugawa, Gifu Prefecture by members of the Kashimo Forestry Association. Fresh leaves and branches are used to extract essential oils used for the hinoki hand cream.
- Uji tea has been produced in Wazuka Town in the Soraku District, Kyoto Prefecture for over 800 years. The tea used for the hand cream has been cultivated without agricultural chemicals. Winter cut-offs of tea leaves to prepare for the harvest season are used to extract the green tea scent.
The WANOWA concept is to build on Japanese culture and traditions and to thereby create new traditions. By working closely with producers and manufacturers, the range of hand creams celebrate the producers and manufacturers of regional industries in Gifu, Ishikawa and Kyoto prefectures.