Furoshiki Gift Wrapping Workshop - 15 December 2023
Please note the venue of this workshop: Tjing Tjing Momiji
Join Kyoko Kimura Morgan and WAZA Japan on 15 December 2023 for a Furoshiki Gift Wrapping Workshop. Kyoko is the founder of Origami for Africa and a stong proponent of the Japanese concept of "mottainai" (勿体無い) - an expression of regret when something of use is wasted.
Kyoko will introduce concepts and ideas related to gift wrapping using furoshiki and demonstrate a few wrapping techniques, as well as other practical uses of cloth and paper. Each person will be able to practice on different shapes and sizes of potential gift packages.
PLEASE NOTE: There are two slots to choose from on the same day.
- WORKSHOP 1: 15 December 2023 from 10:00 - 12:30
- WORKSHOP 2: 15 December 2023 from 13:30 - 16:00
COST: R620 per person
What is provided:
- Guided instructions and demonstrations on how to wrap using furoshiki;
- One complimentary furoshiki cloth for gift wrapping, to take home;
- Notes on furoshiki and wrapping ideas;
- Props, of different shapes, to practice fabric wrapping;
- Paper, for adding some origami finishing touches to special gifts;
- Complimentary snacks courtesy of Tjing Tjing and Mochi Mochi.
What each participant should bring:
- No prescribed items required.
- If you wish, feel free to bring a gift or a shape which you want to wrap and practice on.
WAZA Japan Store at 201 Bree Street will also be open for shopping and workshop participants receive 10% discount on the day.
Q: Is it necessary to buy a ticket?
A: Yes, all tickets need to be ordered and paid for upfront, since this is a very popular workshop.
Right of Admission Reserved.