Green Onion Peeler
Green onion peeler for shredding green onions. The body is made from hohonoki wood and the serrated blade is stainless steel. The applications are diverse - you can use it to add shredded toppings to different Japanese dishes, or to cut and curl small salad onions.
It comes packaged in a gift box, with a colour brochure (Japanese only).
Instructions for use
- Put the green onion flat on a chopping board.
- Cut the top end to be even.
- Pull the peeler from the root base to the outer area while rotating the onion in its length.
- Cut julienne pieces to desired length or dip the onion in water for the shredded tips to curl.
- Remove small shreds of onion with chopsticks or a scrubber.
- Wash by hand in soapy water and dry well.
- Do not soak for a prolonged time.
- Do not place in a dishwasher.
Oyanagi Industrial Co., Ltd. is a family owned manufacturer of natural wooden tools and utensils. The company was established in 1926 and is based in the famed blacksmithing cities of Tsubame-Sanjo. The company still produces a wide range of wooden products in the traditional Japanese way, to continue a tradition of working with a material known for its warmth and calm feel.