Miso Paste - Original (400g)
Miso Paste long fermented in traditional wooden barrels. This style of miso is known as "red miso" and it is unpasteurized. It uses local soybeans from Aichi prefecture and is smooth and flavourful for ease of use in home or professional cooking. The original range of miso is harvested from the lower half of the wooden barrel where it naturally developed its distinct traditional and smooth taste.
- Size: 400g
- Storage instructions: Store away from direct sunlight and refrigerate after opening
- Ingredients: Soybeans from Aichi prefecture and salt
- Shelf-life: One year
- Ideas for use:
- Make miso soup;
- Add to stews and broths as umami flavouring;
- Baste and grill fish, vegetables and meat.
Noda Miso's slogan is: "we don't make miso, we raise it". The company was established in 1928 and was initially known as Kuramoto Masuzuka Miso after the name of the area from where it originated. It is located in Aichi prefecture and is a manufacturer of naturally fermented soybean miso, dedicated to the promotion of Japanese food culture through three core principles:
- Natural fermentation only over 18 months, with nothing artificially controlled;
- Wooden barrels only for enhancing the miso taste;
- No GMOs used in the ingredients.