Miso Paste - White (450g)
Miso Paste long fermented in traditional wooden barrels. This style of miso is known as "white miso" and it is unpasteurized. It mixes local soybeans and rice from Aichi prefecture and very gentle and smooth. The Japanese label reads as "Children's rice miso - used in school lunches" because of its lighter and refreshing taste, containing no additives. The taste of the miso is not adjusted at all, but rather the soybean : rice ratio and brewing method over time produces a flavour suitable for all ages.
- Size: 450g
- Storage instructions: Store away from direct sunlight and refrigerate after opening
- Ingredients: Soybeans and rice from Aichi prefecture and salt
- Shelf-life: 270 days
- Ideas for use:
- Make miso soup;
- Add to stews and broths as umami flavouring;
- Baste and grill fish, vegetables and meat.
Noda Miso's slogan is: "we don't make miso, we raise it". The company was established in 1928 and was initially known as Kuramoto Masuzuka Miso after the name of the area from where it originated. It is located in Aichi prefecture and is a manufacturer of naturally fermented soybean miso, dedicated to the promotion of Japanese food culture through three core principles:
- Natural fermentation only over 18 months, with nothing artificially controlled;
- Wooden barrels only for enhancing the miso taste;
- No GMOs used in the ingredients.